FOOD INDUSTRY NEWSFLASH!
A TASTE OF CHOCOLATE AT THE OBSERVATORY
HOTEL by Orient Express & COUVERTURE DEBATE
DATE JULY 30TH, 2012
In conjunction with Galileo Restaurant and Globe Bar and Food Companion International Magazine it’s on!
We are having a “lively chefs table” and a culinary experience over some heartwarming soup presented in a very unique
way with a group of 50. Eat chocolate, network and have fun with Sydney’s other pastry chefs.
Executive ChefJonathan Bruellof Observatory Hotelwelcomes host’s Herve Boutin, MOF, TAFE Australiaand
Fabien Berteau, Executive Pastry Chef of Park Hyatt, Sydney who will showcase an evening for interested
Sydney pastry chefswho have a passionfor couverture.
What you will get out of the night and what the FREE WORKSHOP WILL INCLUDE:
1. The journey of cocoa mass – discovering their profiles and flavours.
2. A discussion on the latest trends in the pastry kitchens including; what the chefs have to say about stabilisers and what are some alternatives + molecular additives and how they are being used in kitchens.
3. The opportunity to sample varieties of couvertures – there is a parallel between preferences and taste and the origin of the cocoa bean.
4. A hearty soup and warm sourdough bread to finish the evening off.
5. Opportunity to network amongst other Sydney pastry chefs and the manufacturers.
Look forward to seeing you!
When: Monday July 30th, 2012
Venue: Meet in the Globe Bar.
Address: 111-113 Kent Street, Sydney
Dress: Casual attire.
Please rsvp your name/establishment:
For any queries please contact Mel Nathan on 0413 616 683.